Thursday, May 2, 2013

Roma Avocado Salad

When my sweet and also healthy-eating friend sent me a picture of her snack...deviled tomatoes...I knew I had to try it. Shout out, Jessica, for the awesome suggestion. Her version is a super cute play on a deviled egg using a scooped out tomato wedge filled with mashed avocado and onion. I consider my version more of a salad, but hey it's cute too. I also opted to top mine with a 100 calorie pack of mild guacamole. You know me...always in search of the easy way. I also added a little drizzle of balsamic vinegar glaze.

The glaze is easy to make by adding somewhere around a 1/2 cup of balsamic vinegar to a sauce pan over medium heat. Bring it to a low boil and continue to boil for several minutes until it has slightly thickened. Don't over-reduce the vinegar. It will get too thick to drizzle and the flavor can get a little overwhelming. Better a little thin than all thick and globby. You can store the leftover reduction in an air tight container in the fridge for several days.

I have this for an afternoon snack all the time. It's so good and filling. Hope you love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment